VA Supply Chain and DMLSS SME 6/6/2020
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Position is on the staff of a management-consulting firm located in Tysons, VA firm specializing in government operations. LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. The Veterans Administration (VA) Supply Chain and Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be performed in Washington, DC with 50% of the time spent traveling to the VA regions in the United States.
* Support the analysis, management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user training for the VA s implementation of DMLSS/LogiCole.
* Translate mission/business objectives into workflows.
* Meet regularly with VA stakeholders.
* Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
* Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
* Lead demonstrations to the stakeholder and participate in the development of user training and documentation.
* Support projects analyzing existing system-support supply chains (to include medical supply chains) in government organizations like the Veterans Administration and the Department of Defense (DoD).
* Support projects that re-design or enhance system-support via supply chains.
* Analyze and assess government agency logistics and supply chain policies and procedures against current performance metrics and make recommendations on policy and/or process improvements.
* Create and present briefings and reports to communicate findings and recommendations.
* Assist in identifying new logistics and supply chain business opportunities for LMI.
* Provide program management support, perform data analysis, develop briefings and papers for all levels of government agency leadership, and conduct research in support of logistics strategy and supply chain initiatives.
* Ability to pass a NACLC background investigation.
* BA + 6 years of relevant experience, or MA +2 years of relevant experience, or 21 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
* Knowledge of and experience with VA Information Systems desired.
* Experience with data conversions desired.
* Good quantitative and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
* High energy, enthusiasm, tact, and ability to effectively interact with clients at all levels within Government and industry.
* Ability to create and foster a cooperative work environment.
* Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
* Availability for travel 50% of the time..
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.