Valet Attendant 8/22/2020
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Want to hear something crazy* Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%* PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say parking is our industry but people are our passion. Our mission is to create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients . If you re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
Do you love driving cars* Meeting new people* Are you energetic and fast on your feet* Well then, we are looking for you. We are hiring Valet Attendants to woo our customers while parking their cars in a professional and responsible manner.
A LAZ Valet Attendant plays a significant role in the success of the company. They are the first person our clients and customers see upon arrival, and the last person our clients & customers see when they depart. A warm welcome, smiling face, and professional demeanor are of the utmost importance.
What Will I Do*
* Park and retrieve cars like a champ. This means carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Greet all customers by name, take care of their needs, and develop a rapport with each person driving up to your stand.
* Help direct traffic to keep the flow of cars clean and organized, all with a smile on your face!
* Provide a self-reliant attitude when needed. Must be able to work with or without supervision.
* Promote awesome customer relations. Smile, go above and beyond, make them love LAZ Parking the moment they meet you.
* Dynamic. You re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
* Dependable. Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it s not in your nature.
* A good driver with a driving record to prove it. You don t speed, you re cautious ESPECIALLY with other people s property. You can also drive a standard transmission. Vroom, vroom!
* Good under pressure. You don t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
* Good at communicating and have the ability to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
* A team player. You re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
* High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
* Strong customer service experience.
* Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
* Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
* Ability to drive a manual shift vehicle.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
* Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
* Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
* Must be able to work unsupervised.
* Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
* Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.