Verification of Benefits Supervisor 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABBOTT RAPID DIAGNOSTICS (FORMERLY ALERE) is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies.
The position of Verification of Benefits Supervisor is within our ARDx/VAD Entity, located in Orlando, Florida. The Verification of Benefits Supervisor position supports the Companys goals through effective patient benefit verification, authorizations and superior customer service. This Supervisor position plans, directs, coordinates and supervises operational activities of the Verification of Benefits process including insurance analysis, preparing and maintaining activity reports.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE REVIEWED PERIODICALLY AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY MANAGEMENT.
* Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
* Monitors employee productivity and quality
* Provides employee feedback and coaching
* Work with Quality and Process team to ensure employees have tools to be successful
* Assists with employee training
* Maintains employee timekeeping and attendance adherence
* Maintain end of month Reports as needed
* Applies knowledge of company procedures to respond to incoming correspondence, inquiries, and lends guidance and support to other departments.
* Assists or leads department projects
* Provides payer feedback to management that effects the Verification of Benefit and Authorization Processes
* Provides feedback to management on employee performance and development
* Contacts insurance companies to verify status of patient benefits.
* Files pre-authorizations for patients with insurance companies and provide follow up as needed.
* Provides customers with information regarding their status, which may include: financial breakdowns, giving the patient estimates of costs and collecting co-pays, if applicable.
* Gathers all necessary documents as requested by insurance companies.
* Maintains all records, files and backup documentation related to patients insurance information.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* Follows all regulatory policies and procedures, privacy and security standards in accordance with government agencies to include HIPAA requirements.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* Three to Five (3-5) years of insurance benefit verification and/or collections required
* 1-2 years of Supervisory experience required
* Complete Understanding of Medicare Rules and Regulations
* Basic MS Office
* Basic MS Excel
* Proven experience as a supervisor in health care
* Advanced MS Office experience, with an emphasis on MS Excel desired
* Continued Self Improvement courses & seminars related to position along with In House programs provided by Alere Home Monitoring.
* Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and objectives.
* Ability to develop effective relationships with management and associates.
* Ability to use effective problem solving techniques.
* Ability to make decisions while following company procedures and governmental guidelines.
* Ability to be goal oriented and results focused.
* Ability to use efficient time management skills.
* Ability to communicate, both in writing & verbally, with others in a professional manner.
* Ability to attend job related courses & seminars as required.
* Ability to use office equipment that is relevant to job functions.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees,
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or contact your HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.