Vice President, Strategic Finance 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Vice President, Strategic Finance-Provider
Portland (preferred), Seattle, Salte Lake City, Boise or remote
Responsible for the direction, coordination, oversight and management of financial performance, strategic finance consulting and analysis activities, and provider and facility reimbursement arrangements. Provides direct support to senior executives on operational, strategic, investment and growth plans. Establishes and oversees the development and execution of departmental goals and objectives.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and most importantly our current and future members.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Advanced competency in application of complex and in-depth business knowledge related to Strategic Finance including knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting principles (SAP), discounted cash flow and other principles of cost accounting.
* Proven ability to plan, organize and lead the work of others, while developing department goals and objectives consistent with corporate vision and strategies.
* Proven ability to work with senior executives and drive plans and activities that influence business results and outcomes. Must have exceptional presentation, influence and communication skills
* Ability to plan, organize and lead the work of others with minimal supervision, while developing
* department goals and objectives consistent with corporate vision and strategies.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Director Strategic Finance would have a BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics with 10+ years of relevant and progressive financial experience including seven years of management experience or eqivalent combination of education and job related experience. CPA, CMA, MBA or ASA, along with health insurance experience highly preferred.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Oversees the research and financial analyses related to strategy development, including market and competitive analyses, product offerings, growth projections, pro-forma financial statement preparation, and business valuation.
Partners with business executives to develop and analyze recommendations on financial plans, merger & acquisition activity, operating forecasts, and other analytical projects as directed by the CFO or other senior executives.
Partners with business executives on strategy, design and analysis of innovative provider and facility product offerings and value based arrangements targeted at achieving the quadruple aim. Assist in negotiating financial terms of such arrangements and in memorializing terms in applicable contract language. * Partners with business executives to develop and analyze recommendations on financial plans, merger & acquisition activity, operating forecasts, and other analytical projects as directed by the CFO or other senior executives.
* Provides high level, comprehensive financial guidance on all aspects of business strategy and management. Demonstrates solid working knowledge of advanced financial concepts and principles and presents and explains complex processes and concepts in a manner that ensures understanding at all levels across the organization.
* Works collaboratively to build relationships with and influence stake holders including cross functional partners, business leaders and senior executives. Helps to define and negotiate strategic partnerships and relationships with outside partners to further Cambia s strategic sourcing and supplier management activities.
Leads organizational cost stewardship activities directed at driving down health care costs, develops annual goals and measurements and manages the process to enable the organization to achieve its annual goals. * Oversees team providing financial consulting support to executive and operational managers across the organization on topics such as discounted cash flow analysis, financial modeling, and operating budgets.
* Leads organizational cost stewardship activities, develops annual goals and measurements and manages the process to enable the organization to achieve its annual goals.
* Handles all management level responsibilities for internal staff, including performance reviews, employee development, hiring, firing, coaching, counseling, and retention.
* Duties are performed primarily in an office environment with no unusual physical requirements.
* Travel to other locations may be required as needed.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.