Volunteer Coordinator-Part Time (IN, Richmond) 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR-PART TIME
Position AC - Volunteer Coordinator
Req Number ACT-20-00013
Division AseraCare Hospice
Part Time, approximately 24 hours per week. Daytime hours. Must be available to attend IDG every other week.
You appreciate our team approach to hospice care as a Volunteer Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice. That's because you know how to provide the best care to our patients and their families. Rather than treating the disease, we treat the whole person and that's why it's so important to have an expansive support network. So by providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to quality hospice care. Use your talent to make a difference today a Volunteer Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice with a wide variety of responsibilities each and every day. Are you ready to offer your expertise and experience to assist our objectives* You'll work to optimize customer satisfaction during these invaluable moments.
Provide oversight and leadership of the agency volunteer program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Communicates consistently with volunteers about any changes in the patient's condition, interactions with patients/families, plan of care, and ensures timely and accurate documentation is occurring. Assigns volunteer(s) and provides pertinent information regarding his/her patient(s).
* Oversees all activities related to volunteer recruitment and conducts volunteer screening interviews. Coordinates volunteer on-boarding, ongoing education, and support meetings.
* Ensures the timely completion of volunteer referrals, conducts volunteer assessments, creates Care Plans for patients, and requests orders from the Medical Director.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, participates in the development and review of the plan of care for patients/families, and ensures agency-level compliance with all steps of the volunteer assignment process.
* Maintains all necessary volunteer records including the documentation of volunteer referrals, care plans, and visits. Validates that physician orders for volunteer services are in place according to current policy and regulations.
* Maintains social media presence using the agency Facebook page in accordance with AseraCare Social Media Guidelines.
* Coordinates the agency's implementation of the We Honor Veterans program and ensures ongoing best practice training for staff in serving veterans.
* Ensures veteran hospice patients and/or spouses are identified and recognized for their service.
* Collaborates with veteran-serving organizations in the community and outreach/education on the needs of veterans at end of life.
* Supports business growth activities, participates on committees, and performs related duties and projects as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the agency supervisor.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience.
* Must have at least two years previous experience as a professional or volunteer in a health care, human services or similar agency.
* Previous management or supervisory experience is preferred.
* Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal automobile insurance coverage as defined by state law and/or company policy. Must have and maintain a valid driver s license.
Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
* Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
Location 6424 AseraCare Hospice - Richmond - IN
Facility Name AseraCare Hospice - Richmond IN
City State and Zip Richmond,IN 47374
Shift -not applicable-
Category Activities and Wellness
Open Date 5/4/2020
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://GoldenLiving.appone.com