VP National Distribution Channel Sales - Cooper Lighting Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/3/2020
END DATE 4/7/2020
Signify North America Corporation
Peachtree City, GA
JOB DESCRIPTION** THIS IS NOT A WORK FROM HOME ROLE. THIS ROLE WILL BE SEATED AT THE PEACHTREE GA LOCATION.
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a VP DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL SALES AT COOPER Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You will provide a focused and high level of sales service to key distributor accounts. This is the key leadership role for Cooper Lighting s overall stock sales growth initiative.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* You will lead and direct the National Distribution sales strategy and distribution sales network for Cooper Lighting commercial US Lighting business segment
* Coordinate national activities and strategic programs and ensure successful planning and execution at Regional level.
* Will have oversight of National Distributors along with Affiliated Distributors and I-Mark.
* Establish & build relationships with Key National Distributor accounts across the country, particularly with key C level decision makers and deliver sales solutions capabilities across business and new market opportunities.
* Create National Distribution pricing and product strategy
* Lead, direct, and motivate a Strategic Accounts Channel Team in order to achieve the predefined sales volume and profit goals.
* Establish and maintain employee performance standards. Work with Strategic KAM team to set goals and define development needs. Provide ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
* Establish and maintain, at the highest level, a relationship with the key distributor accounts; updates the organization with regards to changes (either philosophic or organizational) to initiatives on the part of these key accounts
* Responsible for the negotiation of all marketing and sales programs with the key distributor accounts. Act as a liaison between information technology groups and the individual e-commerce initiators with these key distributor accounts.
* Responsible for communicating all new programs and products to these key distributor accounts by working with the field Regional Vice Presidents and DSSs, seeks out new opportunities with key distributor accounts for increased growth.
* Act as the liaison between Lighting division and NAED; leadership role at NAED conferences including organizing and preparation for senior management
* Stock Growth Initiative: Leadership of this overall stock sales growth initiative program; has assembled a cross-functional team (marketing, DRP, Channel Marketing Director, Platform GM's) to research big misses and identify opportunities; second phase is to develop multiple programs to address these opportunities and create an overall playbook, then roll out internally, followed by an agent rollout.
* Develops commercial strategies for industrial products through segment analysis and identification of new market segments.
* Will manage revenue forecasts around promotions.
WHAT YOU LL NEED
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution; MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
* A minimum of 15 years sales management experience in lighting or related electrical products industry, dealing with large distributor accounts.
* A minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience leading and managing a team of National Distribution Channel Account Managers/Directors.
* This individual must have demonstrated leadership qualities to sell-up value.
* Strong commercial acumen and proven experience developing business and partnering at executive C-suite Corporate HQ level.
* A track record of delivering results. Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding aggressive growth targets.
* Vision and inspiring leadership; strong communicator with the leadership skills that engage and motivate peers, employees, colleagues, customers and stakeholders; drives change, and promotes a sense of urgency.
* Ability to attract, develop, motivate and retain top talent in the organization.
* Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
ABOUT COOPER LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.