Warehouse Associate 2nd Shift 6/5/2020
Southern States Cooperative.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.
Training level position among the cross trained and multi-functioning warehouse positions in the distribution division. Mustdemonstrate the ability to learn and develop distribution skill sets including picking orders and load consolidation, as well as mixed and full pallet put-away. Effectively operates a High-Low Picker Truck, Stand-Up Forklift, and Sit-Down Forklift, including Reach Truck. Performs work under direct supervision.
Essential Job Functions
Position is made up of three training levels, each requiring warehouse distribution skills of increasing complexity. Essential job functions for each training level are identified below. Additionally, essential job functions required of all training levels are provided.
- High-Low Picker Truck - Effectively utilize a Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner to receive lines for order picking. Safely operate high-low picker truck through warehouse aisles to locate correct order items according to RF instructions. Navigate both wide and narrow aisles and utilize picker truck at heights up to 20 feet daily. Scan item location with RF and manually remove item from racks and place on pallet.
- Stand-Up Forklift - Effectively utilize RF Scanner to receive lines for order picking. Safely operate a stand-up forklift through high traffic warehouse aisles (and outside, depending upon location) to locate correct order items according to RF instructions. Pick items and/or retrieve pallets in racks or bulk stacks at heights up to 15 feet daily.
- Sit-Down Forklift - Effectively utilize RF Scanner to receive lines for order picking. Safely operate a sit-down forklift through high traffic warehouse aisles (and outside, depending upon location) to locate correct order items according to RF instructions. Pick items and/or retrieve pallets in racks or bulk stacks at heights up to 15 feet daily.
- Reach Truck Forklift - Effectively utilize RF Scanner to receive lines for order picking. Safely operate reach truck forklift through high traffic warehouse aisles to locate correct order items according to RF instructions. Pick items and/or retrieve pallets in double deep racks at heights up to 20 feet or bulk stacks up to 15 feet high daily.
- Load Consolidation - Consolidate items from multiple pallets onto one pallet to create a stable shipping pallet according to warehouse guidelines. Manually lift and stack items in a neat and organized manner. Inspect items for deterioration and damage, report to supervisor.
The essential functions below are required for all Training Levels:
- Complete and maintain written reports, logs, and other related documents accurately and in a timely manner according to warehouse procedures.
- Continuously communicate with co-workers and supervisors about current warehousing assignments. Work together as a team to maximize efficiency, ensure safety, and meet customer requirements. Show courtesy to all co-workers, drivers, visitors, and others.
- Demonstrate initiative to develop new distribution skills. Participate in training opportunities offered by Southern States to increase familiarity with facility and learn procedures for performing additional operations.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area by keeping tools and equipment in proper places and all materials off the floor. Properly dispose of waste material. Be proactive with cleaning efforts as facility may receive non-company personnel. Follow all requirements of Housekeeping Plan.
- Perform daily forklift inspections according to warehouse guidelines. Report maintenance needs of forklift and other equipment to supervisor. May assist with maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled