Warehouse Associate, Pipe Selector, Part-time, 3:00 PM-8:30 PM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2019
END DATE 9/28/2019
Granite City Electric Supply Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Granite City Electric is looking to hire a part-time Warehouse Associate/Pipe Selector in our Chicopee, MA location. This position is physically demanding. Previous experience and product knowledge is a plus. The regular working hours will be from 3:00 PM-8:30 PM, Monday-Friday.
* Selects piping as needed.
* Moves material in a safe manner manually or by using forklift, pallet jack, handcart or other device.
* Accurately counts, checks, prepare, and locate items being received or shipped.
* Helps in the maintenance of inventory and the upkeep of the department.
* Maintaining wire shorts and copper/aluminum scraps.
* Complete paperwork, documentation, and data input in accordance with established procedures.
* Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and procedures, general product knowledge, participates in training, and attends meetings as requested.
* Acts in helpful and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
* Participates in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe work environment.
* Must acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software support system.
* Maintaining GCE Lots/Reels program through Eclipse.
* Assists in monthly Rapid Reel inventory and the proper storage of the reels.
* Assists in wire machine preventative maintenance.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment preferred.
* Previous electrical wire/cable cutting experience a plus.
* Basic knowledge of computers and office suite, especially Excel, with the ability to learn.
* Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
* Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
* A strong focus on keeping GCE risk-free from copper/wire theft.
* Good mechanical aptitude, good math, communication and reading skills.
* Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
* Ability to work independently to meet assigned project deadlines.
* Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
* Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
* Coachable & actively participates in coaching process.
* Team player, Multi-tasker.
* Works with a sense of urgency.
* Ability to lift 70 lbs and up to 125 lbs on a repetitive and ongoing basis.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.