Warehouse Manager, Cooper Lighting Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/1/2020
END DATE 4/7/2020
Signify North America Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Warehouse Manager at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You ll be based in the Aurora, Colorado facility and report to the Plant Manager. The primary function of the Warehouse Manager is to manage the performance of our warehouse and lead the team prioritizing what tasks need to be completed on a daily/weekly basis.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* Provide visible leadership and guidance to all warehouse staff to foster continuous improvements and best practices
* Maintains continuous engagement with all warehouse stakeholders (plant leadership to warehouse staff)
* Coach, train and develop warehouse personnel to ensure accountability, in addition to goal and priority alignment, foster collaboration and common goal setting in a matrix environment.
* Initiate process and procedure improvements resulting in higher inventory accuracy and part accountability
* Maintain data accuracy in areas such as attendance, quality and productivity metrics as well as identify and implement any corrective actions
* Lead efforts to control costs through inventory strategies, freight/carrier management and elimination of waste through lean strategy implementation
* Be responsible for proper maintenance of warehouse equipment, to include forklifts, providing both preventative maintenance programs and all necessary repairs
* Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform the distribution functions
* Partner with commercial product line leaders and customer service
* Be responsible for shift talent management, employee engagement and performance management assessing current team members, identifying needs, selecting talent, and developing current employees to ensure bench strength and continued development and advancement of top talent within the organization
* Provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development
* Ensure maintenance of records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance across the shift
* Engage leaders in manufacturing LEAN initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S, pull systems, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving
WHAT YOU LL NEED
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Management, Logistics Management or Engineering
* 5-7 years of warehouse experience in a manufacturing environment
* 5+ years of supervisory experience in a multi shift environment
* Ability to apply resourcefulness and creativity to solve warehouse space problems and department activities (processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment)
* Ability to apply critical thinking skills to direct the operation of the warehouse in a cost-effective manner, without causing interference or disruption to general operations and respond successfully to a wide variety of warehouse problems (i.e., unavailable products and/or low quantity of products to ship to customers, etc.)
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations
* Possess thorough and effective communication (oral and written) skills
* Responsible for the warehouse s overall budget and ability to implement cost control measures when needed
* Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
* Knowledge of SAP a plus
* Understanding of lean manufacturing
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future sponsorship needs
ABOUT COOPER LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.