This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
This experienced role helps to support all general warehouse functions including operating as one of the main receiving personnel, the utilization of our manufacturing software (Visual), distributing parts, gathering customer orders, and developing warehouse processes and process flow. This hands-on and computer-based position plays a critical role in ensuring Power Test makes and delivers dynamometer systems in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Assist in the design and implementation of best practices and processes for warehouse operations
* Assist in coordinating with Operations and Purchasing to prioritize internal customer requests.
* Retrieve parts for work orders to support efficient and quality production.
* Using Bills of Materials and labels, verify the proper location of parts when stocking and pulling from inventory.
* Complete accurate counts and verifications to ensure incoming parts and stock match orders placed.
* Record all inventory transactions on the computer and verify records match inventory on hand.
* Store incoming parts and stock in the warehouse, maintaining an organized and clearly-labeled warehouse.
* Assist with Shipping & Receiving and basic inspection duties as needed:
* Prepare shipments according to shipping requirements. Assemble and check orders, pack, and crate, label.
* Complete and maintain required paperwork and inventory transactions.
* Check and receive incoming deliveries against purchase orders and distribute to recipient or inventory location.
* Assist loading and unloading trucks as needed
* Communicate concerns to the supervisor timely. Participate in solution implementation as appropriate.
* Participate in and contribute to continuous improvement culture, including Lean initiatives.
* Work effectively as a team member to contribute to a positive workplace.
* Demonstrate and support company values.
* Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Knowledge of standard mechanical parts.
* Good math and computer skills.
* Ability to work with routine standard procedures, but adjusting when requested.
* Ability to safely work with saws and hand tools ideal.
* Self- starter with good focus and responsive to multiple coworker requests.Exceptionally well organized with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to operate forklifts, lifts, cranes and hoists.
* Valid state driver's licence and clean driving record
Education and/or Experience
High School graduate or equivalent plus 3-5 years' experience with inventory or a warehouse ideally in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to analyze information and use sound judgment
Proficient Knowledge of ERP (Visual experience highly preferred), Inventory Management Systems, Microsoft Office and related software. Preferred APICS, Lean, and/or Six Sigma training and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to drive on occasion and must have a valid driver's license and be covered under the company's insurance policy.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in a manufacturing environment. This could include tasks near moving mechanical parts, assembly and testing of equipment, fumes or airborne particles, and situations that are stationary at a desk in front of a computer. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to wear proper PPE including but not limited to safety glasses and steel-toed boots or equivalent.
About Power Test
Power Test, Inc. is a world leader in the manufacture of heavy duty engine, transmission and chassis dynamometer systems. Established in 1976, we are a consistently growing and dynamic organization. Power Test was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award, Wisconsin's Future 50 Master Mettle Award in 2014, named one of the top southeast Wisconsin's Healthiest Employers in the Small Business category from 2011-2014, and was awarded the 2013 Governor's Export Achievement Award for the state of Wisconsin.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.