Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONGroundwater Treatment System Operator, Bound Brook, NJ
Parsons offers the stability and recognition of an industry leader coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. We are hiring colleagues with a 'can do' mindset. If you thrive in a high energy environment and on professional challenges, let's get started! Parsons delivers safer, healthier and more sustainable communities.
We are hiring a Groundwater Treatment System Operator on a full-time basis who will function as the treatment system operator for an approximately 200 to 500 gallon per minute groundwater recovery and treatment system. The treatment system employs a number of treatment unit operations including metals precipitation, flocculation with polymer addition, biological treatment for organics and ammonia, ultrafiltration, granular activated carbon filtration, and a sludge centrifuge.
Daily operation of treatment facilities includes:
* Operation of the groundwater treatment facility and pumping system including extraction wells, groundwater collection trenches and sumps.
* Perform preventative maintenance for all equipment and instrumentation which includes calibration of metering and monitoring equipment.
* Collect samples and perform basic field laboratory tests and routine analytical testing associated with day-to-day operation/optimization of the treatment process.
* Prepare required field and office reports, including discharge monitoring reports, as well as maintain logs/records.
* New Jersey Industrial Wastewater Treatment N2 license is required.
* New Jersey Black Seal Low Pressure Boiler Operator license is strongly preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in the operation of wastewater or groundwater treatment systems involving physical and chemical treatment, with strong mechanical/electrical aptitude required; Must have computer skills and experience with MS Office suite.
* Knowledge of automated control systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA) is preferred. Knowledge of operations and maintenance management software (e.g., Utility Cloud) is a plus.
* Forklift operator training/experience is strongly preferred.
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and work under inclement weather conditions; Ability to pass Motor Vehicle report.
* Completion of a 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA training course (with an annual 8-hour update- current preferred, expired acceptable) is preferred; annual RCRA and triennial DOT training is preferred.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://parsoncorporation.contacthr.com/76375785.jpg /