Water Plant Manager (3074)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 10/19/2020
ENGIE North America Inc.
Iowa City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for management of operations and maintenance of the University of Iowa drinking water treatment plants. The Main Campus Water plant is primarily a surface water treatment plant with supplemental well-water supplies available. The Oakdale Water plant is a well-water plant. Responsible for determining treatment methods and technologies to be used in the production of the potable water supplies for campus customers, adapting to meet ever-changing regulatory requirements. Responsible for driving continuous improvements in safety and compliance programs and documentation. Innovates to upgrade plant systems to facilitate robust automation and controls, as well as alarming. Drives evolution away from reactive maintenance regime to preventive and predictive maintenance programs. Improves and maintains plant cleanliness and appearance.
Director, Energy Delivery
University of Iowa / Iowa City, IA
Local Contract Only
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Develops and implements water treatment methods and technologies to provide water quality meeting all standards.
* Directs Operations & Maintenance (O&M) activities of Water Plant to achieve water quality and service reliability standards required by campus customers.
* Recommends staffing plans to provide enhanced quality and efficiency of service delivery while managing O&M costs.
* Supports full compliance with corporate safety program and promotes safety culture.
* Works with Director, Energy Delivery to develop maintenance and capital projects to improve the operability and reliability of the water plant by extending equipment life or making plant improvements.
* Provides technical review and oversight of capital projects within the Water Plant.
* Institutes robust maintenance management program focused on preventive and predictive maintenance utilizing the full capabilities of our CMMS system.
* Maintains compliance, including thorough documentation, with all Safe Drinking Water Act and other environmental regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for designing and implementing training programs to meet corporate and university standards, helping staff achieve personal development goals.
* Responsible for staff development and training, including overseeing the important university intern development program for student Water Plant Operators.
* Implements corporate policies, procedures and directives.
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* Certification as a Grade IV Water Treatment Plant Operator in Iowa.
* Demonstrated knowledge of sampling and reporting requirements for domestic water plants.
* Knowledge of reverse osmosis system operations and maintenance requirements.
* For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to read and interpret applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements governing design and operation of domestic water treatment systems and water quality requirements.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, and work with standard software applications.
* Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
* Bachelors Degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related scientific program.
* Significant (7-10 years) experience in water treatment plant operations, preferably with operation of a surface water treatment plant with production capacity greater than 2 MGD.
* Direct experience managing staff performance and development.
* Experience and proven commitment to implementation of robust maintenance management practices.
* Practical experience meeting safety and environmental compliance requirements for utility operations.
ENGIE North America isnt just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, were leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as protected characteristics) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.