Weld Automation Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/21/2019
END DATE 1/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAIRGAS, INC., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Director, Automation, the incumbent contributes to the overall profitability of the company by maintaining a high standard of efficiency and effectiveness in the management of Houston Hard Automation Operations to include the following areas of responsibility:
* Manage HOU automation facility and team
* Technicians and Administrative Support
* Quality, productivity, training, safety
* Manage PMT fleet needs for US
* Hard automation internal inquiries
* Hard automation inventory control
* Used equipment refurb and tracking
* Weld automation inventory management
* Evaluate and work with fleet to maintain proper inventory & fleet numbers
* Organization, rent ready/check in, accurate inventory
* Manage PMT integration operations
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A WELD AUTOMATION OPERATIONS MANAGER WHO:
* Maintains a safe working environment in the branch by following Airgas/Red-D-Arcs health and safety guidelines.
* Maintains an exemplary level of customer service to our branches and customers.
* Maintains a high turn-around rate and high quality standard for all assets.
* Ensures that all rental assets are repaired quickly and cost-effectively.
* Ensures that inventories are organized and monitored.
* Maintains responsibility for team training.
* Oversees all fleet transfer in/out of the branch.
* Ensures FA verification resolution during fleet inventory audit process.
* Ensures Team meet safety audits requirements.
* Ensures proper inventory procedures are followed
* Completes the annual review process in a thorough and timely manner.
* Sets mentoring in place and documents deficiencies with underperforming staff.
* Participates in the annual budget process.
* Complies with all SOX requirements.
* Ensures all governmental regulatory requirements are met in the automation area
* Implements all operational directives.
* Communicates new policies, sales results and any other critical information to all branch staff at least monthly.
* Consistently communicates with sales to ensure the operations team is always meeting their customer service needs.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Post secondary education equivalent to one year of Business Management or equivalent preferred.
* Greater than five years related working experience.
* Working knowledge of hard automation equipment and its applications.
* Equipment repair and maintenance training is an asset.
* Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
* Must have strong interpersonal and management skills.
* Ability to diagnose mechanical or electrical failures, and set up or assembly of specific packages required by the customer.
* Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
* Sales experience in either an industrial equipment rental or a welding equipment sales or rental environment (ideally construction, fabrication, and/or manufacturing sectors) an asset.
* Requires high-quality presentation and negotiating skills.
* Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Knowledge of MS Office applications.
* Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
* Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
* Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.
NEW DEVELOPMENTS AT RED-D-ARC:
Join a company that has always been on the cutting edge of our industry. We refuse to rest on our past success and stellar reputation within our field. Red-D-Arc is proud to launch the latest technology in weld automation. As you consider Red-D-Arc for the next step in your career, please take a look at our launch of the BotX Welding robot.
AIRGAS OFFERS A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.