Wellness Dietitian PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/14/2020
END DATE 3/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
At Houston Methodist, the Wellness Dietitian PRN is responsible for assessing clients' nutritional status, in-person or via telehealth, using recognized tools of assessment and instructing clients on an appropriate nutrition plan. The Wellness Dietitian PRN will also plan and implement professional nutrition presentations as well as actively participate in planning, instruction and evaluation of the nutrition component of Houston Methodist Wellness programs and services.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Assesses the nutrition status of clients and recommends nutrition plans based on nutritional status, goals and concerns. Corresponds with other health care professionals regarding nutrition care plan as necessary.
2. Acts as a dedicated and respected resource to internal HM departments and/or external corporate clients for nutrition-related inquiries to promote a positive culture of health.
SERVICE - 20%
1. Prepares information for and leads discussions on various nutrition, health and wellness topics in a variety of settings: group, classroom, one-on-one and telehealth.
2. Actively participates in the continuum of care by accepting and managing physician referrals for nutrition services, as appropriate, to enhance patient experience.
3. Develops and implements nutrition-related communications and marketing materials designed to maximize program engagement and promote healthy lifestyles.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
1. Accurately documents individual outcomes, program data, goals, achievements and results.
2. Assesses effectiveness of nutrition education programs using evidence-based practices to educate customers, patients and colleagues.
3. Provides feedback on wellness programs with management to evaluate programs and services based on participation, outcomes and efficiency.
FINANCE - 10%
1. Uses resources efficiently to maximize utilization of time and equipment. Meets labor productivity standards by effectively managing established client load assignments and prioritizing tasks.
2. Prepares timely reports on participation, program/health outcomes, cost/benefit and return on investment. Maintains all databases and provides professional reports to management as requested.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 25%
1. Identifies opportunities and takes initiative to build strategic relationships between teams, departments, corporations, units or organization to help achieve business goals.
2. Participates in departmental projects and committees as appropriate; actively involved in development of new nutritional programs, activities and education for both employee and corporate events.
3. Responsible for maintaining professional expertise and staying current with emerging nutrition and dietetic trends. Provides recommendations for optimizing participation with current programs.
4. Identifies own learning needs, consults with the Wellness team and seeks continuing education opportunities to meet those needs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section.
o 1,200 supervised practice hours (per Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) requirements)
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o Registered Dietitian (RD) credential awarded by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
o License from the Dietitians program of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Webmail
o Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and function calmly in stressful situations, including handling of, or exposure to confidential/sensitive information
o Demonstrates the ability to access information both in the department and within the hospital system to support the department as appropriate
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Hospital list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of 100 Best Companies To Work For since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world. APPLY.