Wind Turbine Technician (2747)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/3/2020
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage, retail energy sales, and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
THE JOB: WIND SITE TECHNICIAN
Operate and maintain the site by optimizing wind generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
King Plains, Garber, Oklahoma
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
* Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
* Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
* Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
* Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including coordinating with service providers, contractors, producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
* Operate site equipment, both directly and remotely
* Monitor site performance
* Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
* Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
* Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
* Perform routine inspections safely using tools (e.g. multimeter and IR Camera)
* Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
* Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to others ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
* Primary point of contact for all landowners
* Manage Spare Parts inventory
* Coordinate work on site between different contractors
* Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
* Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
* Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
* Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
* Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
* Equipment operation training contractors orientation, other sites employees
* Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
* Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
* Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* Support other wind assets including solar generating sites for planned and forced outages-may require overnight stays
* Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
* Troubleshoot, repair and maintain substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers and collection lines
* Be proficient in using Vestas Online Business, GE WindSCADA or other similar WTG control and monitoring systems
* Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
* Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
* Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
* Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal, i.e., formal reports.
* Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
* HV experience a plus, Able to attain AVO substation technician certification within 12 months of hire
* Reside within 50 miles of the site
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, office 365.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Capable of frequently standing, walking, balancing, sitting, climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required), stooping, squatting, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting (min. 50lbs), feeling, talking and hearing.
* Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
* Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
* Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
* Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 250 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
* Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
* Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
* 3-year diploma in a technical program or equivalent experience
* 3 years of experience in WTG site, Power Plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or Maintenance.
* Trades qualifications an asset: (Lineman, Electrician, Millwright, Control Technician)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT (50% INDOORS 50% OUTDOORS)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.