Winder, 2nd Shift 9/2/2020
Schott North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY International technology group * specialty glasses and glass-ceramics * more than 130 years experience * 16,000 employees in around 34 countries * innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow What's your next milestone*
SCHOTT Electronic Packaging is a leading developer and manufacturer of hermetic housings and other components for the reliable, long-term protection of sensitive electronics. Our core technologies are glass-to-metal and ceramic-to-metal sealing, thermal sensing components as well as a variety of cutting edge specialty glass competences.
* Setup product and sub-assemblies for plating process by performing racking and winding tasks.
* Work on product/parts: wind, capp, unwind, rack, solder.
* Perform wire solder welding.
* Prepare winding fixtures.
* Visual inspection of products.
* Perform quality assurance testing of product, maintain concise, accurate documentation of winding jobs.
* Identify and document potential quality or out-of-specification issues, communicate to Winding Lead or Plating Manager immediately.
* Maintain travelers and other required documentation.
* Maintains clean and safe working environment; complies with all rules and procedures.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Winding/soldering experience preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Apply basic arithmetic functions.
* Capable of following written and verbal work instructions, procedures, and safety rules etc.
* Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment, which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
* You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. and SCHOTT Gemtron Corporation are both Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
SCHOTT's inclusion philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment is prohibited.
SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.