WINDOWS ADMINISTRATOR II 8/22/2020
Falls Church, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
Windows Systems / Desktop Administrator
The Windows / Desktop Administrator - will be responsible for supporting desktop systems, users and applications, server administration, monitoring system performance, maintenance tuning, account & password management, documentation, and root cause analysis of desktop and server technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned)
* Assisting with server administration, monitoring system performance, maintenance tuning, account & password management, capacity planning, and documentation for server technology.
* Monitors server platforms to achieve optimum performance levels and make preventative adjustments as necessary.
* Providing desktop support for local user community.
* Provide diagnosis for system software / hardware failures and assist in developing solutions.
* Install hardware and software according to schedule; and create and maintain documentation on the client's server environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience using VMWare VIClient and Web Client for accessing virtual environment.
* 2+ years of experience in a Windows / Systems Administrator role.
* 2+ years of experience supporting Windows desktop users and applications.
* Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
* Government contract may require person to possess proof of U.S. citizenship.
* Knowledge of VMware technologies to include VMWare VCenter Server, VMotion, and other VMware Datacenter Virtualization components.
* Solid hands-on experience with configuration, implementation, and administration of operating system deployment and software update management using Microsoft SCCM
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems to include Windows 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10.
* Familiarity and proficiency with Active Directory.
* Knowledge and experience in system monitoring / monitoring tools and trouble shooting.
* Familiarity with Server security techniques.
* Knowledgeable in DoD IAM, FISMA, and RMF concepts desired.
* Experienced in DoD C&A Process, DISA STIGs, and IAVA compliance desired.
* Familiarity with Windows systems patching process using WSUS, SCCM, and Shavlik desired.
* Familiarity with SCAP / ACAS, vulnerability scanning desired.
* Knowledgeable in Commvault Backup & Recovery products is a plus.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong verbal communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals.
* Working in a team environment.
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Certifications: Minimum CompTIA Security+ CE
Supervisory Responsibilities: None for this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Employee will occasionally need to lift or move equipment weighing up to 15 pounds. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Hearing and speaking to exchange information. Seeing to view computer monitor. Sitting for extended periods of time.
Work environment: Professional office environment: temperature controlled office building, low noise level, standard office lighting.
Akimeka is proud to be an equal opportunity employer..
Akimeka is proud to be an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer!