Technical Writer / Editor, Atlanta, GA, US, #16701 1/23/2020
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Technical Writer / Editor, Atlanta, GA, US, ID#16701
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) delivers a broad spectrum of professional management consulting services to its defense, health, environmental and civilian agency clients. To assist clients in achieving their goals, CNA provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including health information technology, research & science, program management, communications, correspondence and document management, governance and administrative support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cna.com/Pages/Home.aspx
The mission of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability. The Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS) in the Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS) at CDC, was formed in 2013. The mission of DLS is to strengthen the nation's clinical and public health laboratory systems by continuously improving quality and safety, data and information science, and workforce competency. DLS provides leadership and support to enhance clinical and public health laboratory workforce through initiatives that strengthen recruitment, retention, management, communications, and training.
We are seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to support DLS activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Write technical content for programs that is grammatically correct, adheres to best practices in technical writing, and complies with CDC plain language requirements.
* Edit scripts, course content, brochures, reports, and other documents related to programs to ensure the documents are grammatically correct, adhere to best practices in technical writing, and comply with CDC plain language requirements.
* Proofread scripts, course content, brochures, reports, and other documents related to the programs to ensure the documents are grammatically correct, adhere to best practices in technical writing, and comply with CDC plain language requirements.
* Provide health communication, education, writing/editing support
* Provide technical assistance with marketing and promotion.
* Provides support for internal and external partnership activities.
* Provide technical writing expertise
* Provide technical writing, technical editing, and proofreading support for
* training courses
* script development
* brochure and promotional documents
* proposals as well as status, outcome, and other report formats
* web content
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Degrees: Bachelor's Degree or higher in related field
* 5 to 7 years of working experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must have Plain Language Writing experience
* Expert in technical writing, editing and analytical skills
* Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* The environment may require prolonged sitting, prolonged standing, and light lifting up to 20 lbs.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.