Yard Dog/Driver 5/5/2020
St. Paul Beverage Solutions
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
The Yard Dog Driver/Route Drive safely and accurately delivers product to customers using refrigerated trucks, tractor and trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure accurate delivery of product to customer sites.
* Maintain a complete working knowledge and ability to execute the product delivery process.
* Maintain a complete working knowledge of refrigerated truck operation.
* Maintain a complete working knowledge of shipping and credit documentation.
* Handle all equipment and product efficiently and safely.
* Proactively communicate in-field issues to distribution supervision.
* Responsible for trailer movements in the yard while working with all departments in the plant.
* Track trailer and truck maintenance.
* Other Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
* Safety Protocol
* Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
* Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
* Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum three (3) years of class A truck operation experience preferred.
* Class A Commercial Driver License required.
* Clean driving record required.
* Certifications for equipment use and safety preferred.
* Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
* Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
* Effectively navigate change, shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having total picture, does not have to finish things before moving on, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
* Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
* Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
* Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
* Follow one- or two-step verbal instructions; read and follow written instructions; perform routine and repetitive tasks and carry out detailed but uncomplicated written or verbal instructions.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships
An Equal Opportunity Employer