Yard/Warehouse Worker 6/6/2020
Foxworth Galbraith Lumber Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBJECTIVE
Provide Customer Service to Yard Customers, stock merchandise and pull merchandise to meet Customer needs. Provide customers with a shopping atmosphere that is well maintained, clean, organized and safe.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Other duties may be assigned. Performance Appraisal (PA) measurements are noted in brackets [___].
1. Provide service to contractors, professional builders and walk-in Customers. [PA: Customer Service provided consistent with Company standards.]
2. Maintain a clean yard environment including warehouses, fences and open areas. Restock unsold products. Ensure work areas and customer areas are clear of trash, weeds and other obstacles to allow customer to shop easily and safely and to provide a safe work environment. [PA: Yard facilities maintained according to Company standards.]
3. Unload incoming merchandise, check receiving paperwork and store in proper bin location. Utilize appropriate machinery or tools to store merchandise without damage to products. [PA: Merchandise stored correctly.]
4. Pull merchandise per loading ticket and prepare package in staging area for delivery or pickup. Ensure proper merchandise pulled according to loading ticket. Mark load with order number and date.
[PA: Orders assembled and marked accurately.]
5. Cut sheets according to Customer specification and notify management of cut boards. [PA: Inventory properly accounted for.]
6. If assigned to this machinery, adhere to Company forklift preventative maintenance standards and advise management of mechanical and maintenance problems with forklift to ensure that repairs and maintenance are performed. [PA: Forklift properly maintained to decrease downtime.]
7. Participate in the execution of scheduled cycle counts. [PA: Accurate inventory counts.]
8. Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required. [PA: Satisfactory participation, retention and application of training program subjects.
9. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned. [PA: Efficient completion of assigned duty, responsibility or task.]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; and one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A certificate issued by prior employer or outside vendor on the correct and safe operation of a forklift is desirable.
Good Customer Service skills are necessary. Ability to operate a forklift is desirable. Knowledge of building materials products and lumber (especially how to pull, prepare packages and load) is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to sit. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The Associate frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)