This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/10/2020
END DATE 4/9/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Department of OB/GYN is seeking a per diem Yoga Instructor.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 33859BR
JOB SUMMARY: Provides yoga instruction in an outpatient group setting to patients that may have functional impairments, limitations and disabilities and an interest in an integrative and preventive approach to health. The yoga instructor guides the process of empowering patients to progress towards improved health and well-being through the application of the philosophy and practice of Yoga.
* Maintains records of yoga sessions. Documents patients records in an accurate and timely manner and records pertinent data in web OMR (online medical record) in accordance with medical center, department, and Center for Integrative Care policies. Completes all relevant paperwork; submits forms and reports in a timely manner (e.g. visit
ticket entries, charge tickets). * Assists in developing patient education materials, forms, and policies. Uses patient education materials as approved by the Center for Integrative Care Medical Team and educates patients and families based on care plan.
* Actively participates in staff, and/or interdisciplinary meetings, task forces, and projects. Provides yoga education/training programs to medical trainees, other health care providers, and the community as needed.
* Attends continuing education activities to maintain current knowledge in yoga instruction. Identifies needs for continued growth and development. Participates in activities that contribute to professional growth. Participates in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety projects.
* Vocational or Technical training required in a program registered by the Yoga Alliance. Bachelor's degree preferred in medical related field
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Must be comfortable with instruction of patients with chronic medical conditions
* Experience with beginner to moderate level students
* Ability to work evening and Saturday hours
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.