Zone Engineer 6/4/2020
Air Liquide USA
Baton Rouge, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company presentation
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
* Maintain a Personal Zero Accident Safety Record
* Support and comply with all applicable company procedures and policies.
* Participate in the Life Critical Safety program by identifying and reporting near misses, conducting job safety observations, and participating in all monthly safety meetings.
* Provide engineering support as needed to production units in the Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Energy (O.N.E) Network system.
* Facilitate deployment of the organization's technical standards to the plants.
* Develop and implement capital projects to improve the Safety, Efficiency and Reliability of production units within the O.N.E network.
* Oversee Capital Project Execution so that the end result meets the original requirements.
* Ensure Capital Projects are completed on time, within budget, injury-free, with complete documentation.
* Lead Zone-wide program and initiatives to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, and quality.
* Partner with Plant Projects Group in the Design and Execution Phases of Larger Capital Projects as needed.
* Assist Production Units in the resolution of Technical and Operational issues as needed.
* Lead continuous improvement efforts by continually identifying and sharing with management, opportunities for improvement in processes and systems.
* Adhere to the project execution and engineering procedures for all capital projects managed.
* Support and Mentor less experienced team members.
* Stay actively involved in professional development; partner with supervisor to identify and plan development and progression opportunities.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (Chemical or Mechanical discipline preferred)
* 5+ years of chemical plant operations, engineering design, and project management experience
* Solution-oriented, with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to perform well under stress, and under time constraints
* Comfortable in both Corporate and Field environments
* Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs
* Can travel for extended periods of time (1 to 7 days), with little advance warning
* Comply with all corporate policies and practices
* Able to work effectively and collaborate within a diverse team, and organization
* Strong organizational skills, able to multitask effectively, with changing priorities
* Competent in the use of Google, MS Office, MS Project, Maximo, and Oracle business applications.
* Ability to work extended hours/shift work as business needs dictate.